Research using the QuantGov platform or QuantGov data
The research papers, congressional testimonies, and other studies listed below used data derived from the QuantGov platform as a component of the research. If you have used QuantGov or RegData in a research project, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to this list.
Other Academic Work Using Our Data
- Research citing RegData and its related products.
- Research citing QuantGov and its related products.
- Research citing FRASE and its related products.
- 2018, Effective Regulatory Reform
- 2018, Regulation, Entrepreneurship, and Firm Size
- 2018, Regulation and Poverty
- 2018, Why and How Independent Agencies Should Conduct Regulatory Impact Analysis
- 2017, The Impact of Regulations and Institutional Quality on Entrepreneurship
- 2017, Comprehensive Regulatory Reform
- 2017, Regulation and Economic Growth
- 2016, How Do Federal Regulations Affect Consumer Prices? An Analysis of the Regressive Effects of Regulation
- 2016, Small-Business Financing after the Financial Crisis: Lessons from the Literature
- 2016, The Cumulative Cost of Regulations
- 2015, RegData: A Numerical Database on Industry-Specific Regulations for All United States Industries and Federal Regulations, 1997–2012
- 2015, Legislative Impact Accounting: Rethinking How to Account for Policies’ Economic Costs in the Federal Budget Process
- 2015, Regulating Away Competition: The Effect of Regulation on Entrepreneurship and Employment
- 2014, Dodd-Frank’s Regulatory Surge: Quantifying Its Regulatory Restrictions and Improving Its Economic Analyses
- 2014, Reading, Writing, and Regulations: A Survey of the Expanding Federal Role in Elementary and Secondary Education Policy
- 2014, Regulation and Productivity
- 2014, Regulatory Reform in Florida: An Opportunity for Greater Competitiveness and Economic Efficiency
- 2014, The Consequences of Regulatory Accumulation and a Proposed Solution
- 2013, Dodd-Frank: What It Does and Why It’s Flawed
Mercatus State Snapshots
Find our State RegData datasets at http://quantgov.org/state-regdata/.
- See our State Regulatory Snapshots under our products menu.
Short Form Mercatus Research
- 2018, Comparing Regulations across US States
- 2018, The Economic Situation, September 2018
- 2018, Reducing Administrative Incomprehensibility with Data Tools and Standardization
- 2018, The Economic Situation, June 2018
- 2018, The Economic Situation, March 2018
- 2018, Regulatory Data on Trump’s First Year
- 2017, The Impossibility of Comprehending, or Even Reading, All Federal Regulations
- 2017, The Economic Situation, December 2017
- 2017, The Economic Situation, September 2017
- 2017, Helping Small Businesses Comply with Federal Regulations
- 2017, The Economic Situation, June 2017
- 2017, The Economic Situation, March 2017
- 2016, Employee and Restriction Count Outlier Regulatory Agencies
- 2016, The High Correlation between Agency Employment and Agency Regulations
- 2016, Regulatory Accumulation and Its Costs
- 2016, What if the US Regulatory Burden Were Its Own Country?
- 2016, Dodd-Frank and the Federal Reserve’s Regulations
- 2016, Are Regulations Created as Responses to New Technology? A Simple Test Using RegData
- 2016, The McLaughlin-Sherouse List: The 10 Most-Regulated Industries of 104
- 2016, David vs. Godzilla, OIRA and the Federal Agencies
- 2016, The Impact of Federal Regulation on Wyoming
- 2016, The Impact of Federal Regulation on Nevada
- 2016, The Impact of Federal Regulation on Kentucky
- 2016, The Impact of Federal Regulation on Massachusetts
- 2016, Regulatory Budgeting as a Solution to the Accumulation of Regulatory Errors
- 2015, The High Correlation Between Agency Budgets and Agency Regulations
- 2014, Regulatory Statistics for the Railroad Sector from RegData 2.0
- 2014, The Unintended Consequences of Federal Regulatory Accumulation
- 2013, On the Human Costs of the US Regulatory System: Should Congress Pressure Agencies to Make Rules Faster?